URFA - Two new lawsuits were filed against Emine Şenyaşar, who was on the sit.
The Justice Watch carried out by the Şenyaşar family has reached 675. The sit-in was launched on March 9, 2021 by Emine Şenyaşar, who lost her husband and two sons as a result of the attack carried out by AKP MP İbrahim Halil Yıldız's bodyguards and relatives in the Suruç province of Urfa, on June 14, 2018. Ferit Şenyaşar continues the sit-in that his mother Emine Şenyaşar could not attend due to her illness. The judicial violence against Emine Şenyaşar, who faced police violence from the first day of the seizure, continues with investigations and lawsuits. A total of 10 lawsuits have been filed against Emine Şenyaşar, who was notified that 2 new lawsuits were filed in the first month of the year, with 2 of the investigations opened for allegedly "insulting" AKP's İbrahim Halil Yıldız.
10 OF 31 FILES TURNED INTO CASE
Stating that 31 files have been opened against Emine Şenyaşar so far because she is fighting for justice, Nihat Şahin, one of the family's lawyers said: "28 of them have been investigated. There are currently 10 lawsuits filed after mergers and non-authorization decisions. Şenyaşar was exposed not only to police violence but also to judicial violence. Emine Şenyaşar's cries and pleas turn into lawsuits. All her statements within the scope of freedom of expression appear as lawsuits today."
INVESTIGATIONS ARE OPENED WITH POLITICAL REASONS
Stating that the investigations were initiated with political motives, Şahin said: "These investigations aimed at ending the sit-in, however, they cannot prevent Emine Şenyaşar's struggle. Emine Şenyaşar still continues the sit-in in front of the Urfa Courthouse today. 'Insult' and 'insulting a public official' accusations are directed towards the demand for justice; however, despite this judicial grip, the Şenyaşar family's struggle for justice continues unabated."