NEWS CENTER - Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced tonight that the new measures will be meticolously implemented in the bigger 30 cities.
Erdogan said that the country "has entered a phase where we will have to make more sacrifices in the fight against COVID-19. We will take all necessary precautions but everyone has to do play their part."
The main points of Erdogan' speech can be summarized as follows:
- No more travels between cities without Governor approval
- Social distance on public transport
- Picnic areas closed on weekends
- No more international flights
- No-one will be left hungry, exposed or victimised
- Economic support program of approximately 100 billion liras to begin with
- Turkey is absolutely prepared to face this epidemic period
- Continuing production and export is our top priority
- We rapidly increased the number of tests. The tests are absolutely free. We are the country with the most intensive care beds
- All our institutions are mobilised
- It is imperative not to go out on the street except for shopping
- A pandemic board will be established under the chairmanship of the governorships in all provinces, additional measures for the cities will be decided by the board
- As in the public sector, flexible working hours will be implemented with minimum personnel in the private sector