The child who lost his twin at Til Rifat massacre: What do they want from us, we are just kids

  • actual
  • 11:59 14 December 2019
  • |
img

TIL RIFAT - 9 year old Eli Kefo who lost his twin at the attacks against Til Rifat where 10 civillians 8 of whom were children were killed, survived the attack injured. The little child who does not understand the attack they were subjected to, said: "I don't know what they want from us? We are just kids."

A massacre was experienced in Til Rifat located in Şehba as a result of the attacks of Turkey and 'Syrian National Army' which have been attacking North and East Syria since October 9.
 
As a result of the bombing carried out against the district, 10 people, 8 of whom are children, aged between 3 and 15, lost their lives and 10 civilians, including children, were injured.
 
The massacre, in which the relatives and witnesses of those who lost their lives were targeted consciously, was condemned by the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
 
'THEY RAINED BOMBS ON OUR CHILDREN' 
 
Some of the wounded survivors were children of families who had previously been forced to migrate from Efrin. One of them was Nuseybe Mekan Ebdo and his family. Death followed up on the family who had to migrate to Til Rifat.
 
Imad Ehmed Kefo (9), one of the children of the family, lost his life in the bombing and Eli Kefo, his twin, survived with his other brother.
 
Ebdo, stating that they were not left alone in Til Rifat they had to migrate to, said: "My sons came back from school that day, ate something and went out to play with their friends. We heard some sounds and when we got out bombs were raining down on our children. One of my son died. Two of them survived the bombing injured."
 
'THE WORLD HAS TO SEE THIS'
 
The grieving father said: "What does Erdoğan want from us? They took our city. That wasn't enough. The world has to see this. They massacred children!"
 
9 year old Eli Kefo who lost his twin at the attack, said: "We came back from school and ate something. We went out to play. Then they started bombing us. My twin İmdat died. My other brother was injured like me. I don't know what they want from us. We are just kids!" The little boy added that all he wants is to go back home to Efrin.
 
Muhammed Feqri Heso whose both sons were injured as a result of the attack said: "We could not get rid of the war planes and the bombs. One of my sons lost a leg. The other one has shrapnels in his leg. Why are they killing these children. Will the world remain silent and watch the children get killed? THe world has to see this. What did these children do that is so wrong that they are being bombed to death? All of our blood that is spilled is for Efrin. We are holding on with the belief that we will go back home to Efrin one day."
 
 
MA / Nazım Daştan
 

View More Articles

10:55 Call from 33 Bar Presidents: Keeping Ebru and Aytaç alive is a responsibility
10:55 Baghdad reacts to the air strike: Akar's visit cancelled
09:25 Deputy Governor of Hatay murdered his brother and mother
09:13 Mayors of Kızıltepe and Savur remain in prison
08:57 CPT motion from HDP
08:55 Nuriye Gülmen and Rıdvan Akbaş arrested
11/08/2020
16:33 Çerkezoğlu: Lives of workers are more valuable than refrigerators
12:56 5 detained in Malazgirt
11:44 Reason of the violations of rights at the border is 'impunity'
11:04 Attorneys of Öcalan applied for a visit in İmralı
11:03 IHD publishes 6-month rights violation report
10:53 From political parties to CPT: Fulfil your duty
10:37 Loss of life due to Covid-19 rises to 5,858
10:12 Application to Constitutional Court for ‘immediate release’ of death-fasting lawyers
10/08/2020
14:04 AKP supporter attacks HDP building when rejected by AKP
12:09 26 NGO's calls to the government: Implement İstanbul Convention
12:00 Journalists Kaplan and Mordeniz to be referred to court
11:50 Two police officers lost their lives in Yüksekova
08/08/2020
12:17 Garzan Cemetery is burning
11:47 Her name was 'gray listed' after being arrested
11:09 HDK Co-Spokespersons: The key to democracy is to break the isolation
07/08/2020
15:56 Turkish fighter jets bomb the countryside of Sulaymaniyah
14:32 Paylan: Government's choices exacerbated the economic crisis
12:44 Families applied to visit İmralı
11:47 3 prisoners starts hunger strike in Elazığ Prison
11:04 Search for Doku started again
09:10 Timtik and Ünsal's request for release is also rejected by the higher court
09:10 Police operation against HDP youth in Adana: 13 detained, Youth Assembly member battered
06/08/2020
18:39 Asrın Law Office: CPT report is not enough, the torture system in İmralı must be abandoned
18:38 Journalist investigated for reporting a sexual assault
15:03 Speaking Kurdish banned in a mall in the Kurdish populated city Cizde
15:02 Health Minister denies claims that hospitals hit full capacity due to Covid-19
14:47 Lawyers of Öcalan applied for a visit in İmralı
12:24 Demirtaş: A structure organized in government acting to realize their agenda
11:17 Family of Kurdish-origin soldier file lawsuit after suspicious circumstances of son’s death
11:06 Women detained in İstanbul Convention rally released
11:03 Prisoners of Nusaybin case on hunger strike for 7 days
11:00 DFG Association says 98 journalists are currently in prison
09:18 Turkey reports highest new Covid-19 cases in a month
05/08/2020
15:56 Water embargo of Turkey continues for 3 months
15:31 Journalist Aksoy passed away
14:38 IMF: Turkey is vulnerable to shocks
12:51 State of Emergency in Beirut: At least 100 dead, 4 thousand wounded
12:32 CPT: Restrictions in Imrali are not acceptable
10:24 HDP's alderman detained following a raid on his home
04/08/2020
15:21 ATO: The number of daily cases approached one thousand in Ankara
13:38 5.7 magnitude earthquake in Malatya
13:15 Êzidî women sold as slaves on parliamentary agenda
12:43 Irish politician and Nobel Peace Prize winner John Hume dies
12:36 Soldier opens fire in Çaldıran: 1 person lost his life