The child who lost his twin at Til Rifat massacre: What do they want from us, we are just kids

  • actual
  • 11:59 14 December 2019
  • |
img

TIL RIFAT - 9 year old Eli Kefo who lost his twin at the attacks against Til Rifat where 10 civillians 8 of whom were children were killed, survived the attack injured. The little child who does not understand the attack they were subjected to, said: "I don't know what they want from us? We are just kids."

A massacre was experienced in Til Rifat located in Şehba as a result of the attacks of Turkey and 'Syrian National Army' which have been attacking North and East Syria since October 9.
 
As a result of the bombing carried out against the district, 10 people, 8 of whom are children, aged between 3 and 15, lost their lives and 10 civilians, including children, were injured.
 
The massacre, in which the relatives and witnesses of those who lost their lives were targeted consciously, was condemned by the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
 
'THEY RAINED BOMBS ON OUR CHILDREN' 
 
Some of the wounded survivors were children of families who had previously been forced to migrate from Efrin. One of them was Nuseybe Mekan Ebdo and his family. Death followed up on the family who had to migrate to Til Rifat.
 
Imad Ehmed Kefo (9), one of the children of the family, lost his life in the bombing and Eli Kefo, his twin, survived with his other brother.
 
Ebdo, stating that they were not left alone in Til Rifat they had to migrate to, said: "My sons came back from school that day, ate something and went out to play with their friends. We heard some sounds and when we got out bombs were raining down on our children. One of my son died. Two of them survived the bombing injured."
 
'THE WORLD HAS TO SEE THIS'
 
The grieving father said: "What does Erdoğan want from us? They took our city. That wasn't enough. The world has to see this. They massacred children!"
 
9 year old Eli Kefo who lost his twin at the attack, said: "We came back from school and ate something. We went out to play. Then they started bombing us. My twin İmdat died. My other brother was injured like me. I don't know what they want from us. We are just kids!" The little boy added that all he wants is to go back home to Efrin.
 
Muhammed Feqri Heso whose both sons were injured as a result of the attack said: "We could not get rid of the war planes and the bombs. One of my sons lost a leg. The other one has shrapnels in his leg. Why are they killing these children. Will the world remain silent and watch the children get killed? THe world has to see this. What did these children do that is so wrong that they are being bombed to death? All of our blood that is spilled is for Efrin. We are holding on with the belief that we will go back home to Efrin one day."
 
 
MA / Nazım Daştan
 

View More Articles

18/01/2020
16:04 Car bomb injures 11, including Turkish contractors in Somalia
13:37 Law suit against Yeni Yaşam Newspaper's report on Peace Spring operation
12:22 'Curfew decision proves the involvement and perpetration of the law enforcement'
11:56 İmralı application of the families rejected
10:31 Kîno Gabriyel: Reports delivered to Lavrov are unreal
10:05 'He defended free press until his last breath'
09:33 Rahşan Ecevit lost her life
09:32 HDP ready for the 4th Ordinary Congress and 3rd Grand Conference
17/01/2020
10:07 German police break into Kurdish association in Duisburg
10:07 Nurcan Bakır laid to rest in her village
16/01/2020
16:21 Demonstrations Banned in Dersim Amid Protests for Missing Woman
14:57 Yazidi Exile Council appeals to UN, US and the EU to stop Turkey
14:56 'National Unity Workshop' to be held in Diyarbakır
14:08 Scandalous reasoning on Evrensel's press agency ad ban
12:37 HDP Says Government Responsible for Attack on Its İstanbul Office
11:50 Call to parliament: No amnesty for child abuse
10:32 DFG Co-Chair Altan: We will increase solidarity among journalists
09:54 Azadiya Welat editor in chief sentenced to 7,5 years in prison
09:53 HDP İstanbul Provincial Organization: Government is responsible for the attack
09:52 Remains of prisoner Nurcan Bakir finally delivered to her family
15/01/2020
17:57 Armed Attack Against HDP İstanbul Office
17:55 Bank Accounts of Dersim Municipality Confiscated
14:31 10 months prison sentence to HDP Cizre Co-Chair Tunç
14:31 Nurcan Bakır jailed for 28 years ended her life
11:56 An investigation was opened against 400 Kurds living in Germany!
10:49 UK PM rejects second referendum on Scottish Independence
10:34 Freedom to Wikipedia after 3 years
10:07 Libyan House of Representatives: Ceasefire ends
10:06 Syriac Priest Bileçen released
10:06 HDP district council members deposed in Tatvan
14/01/2020
15:22 Şener: Erdoğan's elected rule is over
15:22 Marriage Equality finally legal in the North of Ireland
12:59 Hafter leaves Moscow without signing the agreement
12:34 Animals survived the fires in Australia are dying of starvation
11:30 Attorneys applied to visit İmralı
11:27 'I looked at 50 bodies to find and identify my son: This is torture'
09:26 Family home of journalist Gümüş raided by the police in Adana
09:25 Kışanak and Tuncel to remain in prison
09:20 Mother of HDP MP released from custody
13/01/2020
15:38 Sur Municipal Councilors of HDP removed from duty
15:04 Halil Ergün slams Soylu: Kadir İnanır is the pride of this country
14:31 Kiziltepe Municipality Co-Mayor Zeyni Ipek released
14:23 Demirtaş's novel 'Leylan' on shelves on January 22
14:10 Gülistan Doku's friends protest: The work carried out is insufficient
12:52 HDP Party Assembly member detained in Diyarbakır
12:18 Human chain against Kanal Istanbul Project
11:59 There is no registration of the firms Bağlar Municipality bids
09:37 UK ambassador detained during anti-government protests in Iran
09:36 'Devran' written by Demirtaş makes its Debut
09:35 8 people jailed in Lice